We are looking for two full time young adults, who loves Jesus Christ and are passionate about college students to serve in our community for the 2021-2022 school year.
LSU Wesley Foundation is a United Methodist student ministry located at Louisiana State University. Our staff is focused on living into our mission of being “A community of students living in the way of Jesus”, through our discipleship path of gathering in worship and fellowship, growing in small groups and bible study, and serving the LSU community and beyond.
- Interns at the LSU Wesley Foundation are expected to help: design, organize, and oversee weekly Wednesday activities consisting of a free dinner and worship
- Foster relationships with students in the LSU community who are seeking spiritual growth through personal outreach, on-campus events, student events, small groups, and one-on-one meetings.
- Help plan and carry out large scale events such as:Retreats, mission trips, game day parking, fundraising events, and alumni events.
- Assist in communications and social media development and distribution
- Assist in leading and managing the LSU Wesley intentional living community
- Assist in daily administrative tasks
- Be willing to work with partner churches; may include being present at partner churches on Sunday mornings
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- A mature and growing relationship with God
- Interest and compassion for college-age students
- Organizational and event planning skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to work as part of a team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous participation in a college ministry preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- $640 per month
- $350-$450 room and board stipend for The Wesley House
- Dates of Position: July 1st, 2021 – June 30th, 2022
PDF Job Description:
Apply for Internship:
If you would like to apply for the position for the next school year, please submit resume, cover letter and reference list.